Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The tumor has been removed...

So I'm going to deviate from my normal ranting about Red Robe and my morning misery of getting the kids out the door to tell you this: my sister had a brain tumor removed this morning.  She had a lesion on her pituitary and they went in via her nose (disgusting, right?) and got rid of it.  All is good--she's in recovery now.  I suspect she'll have one whopper of a headache when she wakes up though.

I tell you that to tell you this:  my son did remarkably well with having his Aunt gone---she went to the East Coast to have surgery--I am truly amazed at how well he's processed the whole thing.  We told him she would be gone and why and he spent the whole day making CD's and DVD's for her "so she could have something to do during surgery."  Don't get me wrong, I suspect he doesn't understand the full magnitude of it and he was definitely upset when we told him, but he accepted it without too much worry and angst.  One of the benefits of literal interpretation, I guess.

That, and I'm amazed at how much my little humans are dialed into my emotional state.  I've been a little wound up and they, in turn, have been arguing, fighting and generally misbehaving.  Now that I'm a little more relieved, we'll see how it translates...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me all squishy but remember to be nice. If you're not nice then what you said goes *poof.* There's your warning.