Alex was still not better after a week so we went to his doctor to check him out. Autism and Asthma make a horrible combination and for a kid who can't tell me when he's going to puke, I hold out very little hope he can tell me if its hard to breathe.
|Screw you people for jamming a q-tip down my throat.|
Turns out, we all have strep. That would explain why my throat has been on FIRE, why I've been feverish and why I've been partly delusional, aside from my normal delusions of grandeur.
It's amazing what antibiotics can do. Sure they're ripping through my gut like a tsunami but by God, I can breathe and for the first time in a solid week I can think clearly. That right there, is better living through chemistry.
Now I have to pick up the remnants of my house and get our lives back together.
I think I have:
- 15 loads of laundry to do.
- 8 missed therapies.
- 2 missed groups.
- 1 missed garden club for Alex.
- 1 possible dead crab.
- 2 dentist appointments, completely overlooked.
- 6 toilets to scrub.
- OD'ed three times on NyQuil by slugging it like a shot, screwing that little cup/dispenser thing on top.
- Found three abdominals I never knew I had, while coughing/puking at 10:00 PM and 2:00 AM, respectively.
- Wished I was dead 42 times.
- Cussed out about 8 dragons in DragonVale that have lead to major malfunctions in this house. I'm looking at you, Equinox Dragon.
- And 1 sick husband.
And don't worry, all the crabs are alive (damn-it) and turns out when you're sick you do make bad decisions so the trim on the house needs to be repainted. You should have heard that foul language.
Aside from all of that, it's good to be back.