Wednesday, December 15, 2010

All the joys of christmas...

We have Alex's holiday program coming up---tomorrow night.  I'm a little more than worried about it.  Last year he was so nervous he unbuttoned all his shirt buttons (and the two on each arm) and by the last song he was almost half naked.  My little boy, oblivious to the world....dancing like Elaine from Seinfeld.  To make matters worse he was in the front row, dead center.  Seriously. 
He has no sense of body space and what others might think so he was up there just flapping those arms, bumping into the other kids and slowly undressing--all on stage.  Did I mention front row, dead center?  I was sitting in the audience and it was all unfolding in slow motion.  I was just waiting for that shirt to come off.  I rationalized I wouldn't go up on stage (and make the situation worse) unless the shirt came flying off.  I had images of it going up in the air like a graduation cap. 

One of the other mom's tracked me down after the program and made a special note to tell me how "cute" Alex was.  She's not one of the nice moms.  She's one of the uber snotty ones, all put together, voices her opinion on everything, and frowns on anything less.  The ones I like to walk a mile around because I care so little for them, let alone their opinion.  I simply said nothing to her.  Looked at her like she was nuts.  And walked away.  I can't wait to hear what she has to say this year... 


Anyway, Alex, has a line in the program and he keeps telling me I have to wait untill tomorrow to hear it.  He REFUSES to practice it at home and he gets all worked up if I press the issue.  I've asked at school and they assure me he knows his part.  We'll just have to wait and see.  Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me all squishy but remember to be nice. If you're not nice then what you said goes *poof.* There's your warning.