Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Good Lord

My mother is driving me crazy.  Not the good crazy either.  The bad, bad, Thelma and Louise kind of crazy.  We made the mistake of having mom move in with us after she retired.  It seemed like a good idea at the time but now it's turned into something that has a life of it's own and I'm helpless to snuff it out. 

Things were great at the beginning.  She was helping out, doing her own thing and generally not bugging anyone.   Fast forward a few months and now she comes downstairs in a bathrobe, gets a cup of coffee and sits.  And I do mean sits.  Just sits and watches as I continue to beat my kids into submission, teach them how to behave (and not kill each other) and otherwise turn them into productive members of society.  Every once in a while she'll give her two cents worth on something which I believe is none of her business and we have the making of an atom bomb.

The only saving grace is that she's computer illiterate so finding this blog is a near impossibility.  She may stumble upon it but she's so terribly passive aggressive she won't say a peep.  I'll use that to my advantage...

The kids are on winter break for less than a day and already they are fighting like Lord of the Flies.  Mom's watching.  And I've succumbed to letting them play on computers.  Right now they are in the midst of their own games of Farm Frenzy.  I'm scrounging to find a gift for our neighbor who I've seen two times this whole year, one being today when she showed up with a plate of cookies.  Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me all squishy but remember to be nice. If you're not nice then what you said goes *poof.* There's your warning.