- Stuffed her in a blanket, rolled her up like a burrito and then flung her down the hallway to see how far she'd go. In case any of you are wondering, two feet.
- Pushed her down the slide outside and watched to see how high she'd bounce when she hit bottom. They were not happy with the initial bounce so they added items of various thickness to see if it would give her "loft" as Alex called it. Beach towels gave the most height. According to Alex, a plank of wood was no different than the ground. Always good to know.
- Tried to feed her regular milk and cheese to "see what would happen." Gracie's lactose intolerant. She puked.
- Climbed into her crib and tried to shoot her out of it by bouncing the hell out of it. Then they tried to see if they could get the crib mattress to fit under the slide outside. It apparently has some really good bouncing ability.
- Painted her finger and toe nails "hooker red" and then proclaimed to the free world, "We have a hooker in the house! We have a hooker here!" Yeah, I'll own that. That was all me.
|Gracie multitasking. Yeah, the penguin|
back there is in time out.
On a totally unrelated note we had our first snowfall.
Dropping the kids off to school I slid down the street into oncoming traffic only to hear Lizzy exclaim, "Woooaaa!! Woo Hoo!!! Mom, that was great!!! Can we do that again?!?"
And to hear Alex say, "Mom, did you realize you were in direct violation of about three safety rules?" He never even bothered to look up from his I-touch.
|Snow balls. |
How can you not say that and get a giggle?
Go on, say it.
I took a picture of our snow after I damn near killed all of us and calmed my ass down.
That would have been around noon.
Note: I have to thank Tulpen for the use of the words, "snow balls." She mentioned a prolific use of balls in her Christmas decorations this year and I believe in giving credit where credit's due. She's over at Bad Words and I love her writing.
And the cake was five dollars cheaper at Walmart than at Target. I hauled my ass to Walmart and snapped that thing right up. I even sported for the sugar letters instead of having Granny back in the bakery write on it. Cuz seriously, who wants to tempt fate like that?