Friday, May 11, 2012

The day that would not end.

You know what day it is, its Friday.  That means only one thing, I'm hooking up with Sunday over at Adventures in Extreme Parenthood for today.  Go on over and see how the rest of us play with Ryan.  


Ever have one of those days where you want it to end before you even get out of bed?  Yeah, that was this past Sunday.  I think it all started on Saturday because I washed my car.  I never wash my car.  But this past Saturday, I got a hair lodged up my ass and decided it was car washing day.

Five-fifteen Sunday morning I get bombed with both kids, "Mom!  There's thunder!  And lightening!  AND WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!  Scoot over."

Yeah, five-something in the morning.  

Then, "OMG today's the party for Jack.  We have to get ready for the party.  GET UP.  We have to get ready for the party!"  Forget about all the thunder and lightening and the dying stuff.  We have a party to go to.  

The party was not till four PM.  It was five AM.   

All day, "The party, the party, the party's today!  Hey mom what time is it now?  Is it time for the party?  Now what time is it?  Party time yet?"  

And all day I kept thinking, "I know these kids, I'm not too fond of these kids.  This is going to end in tears."  But since this was the only party he's been invited to all year, we had to go.  Saying NO was simply not an option.   

I pulled this out of Alex's backpack around noon.  You can call it a tornado, I call it foreshadowing.  

Look ma, a meso-cyclone! 

And then we went to the party, and true to form, the kids were little shits.  Of course they were.  Playing this game where you had to have a pass-code and they wouldn't let you in if you didn't know the pass-code.  Thing is, there was no pass-code.  They just said "no" to letting Alex join in.  

I caught one kid in the act and hissed, I actually hissed at him, "You let him in, do you hear me?  You let him in."  

But it was too late and the damage was already done, I wanted to gut-check every one of those kids.  Hard.  Gaw, they were such little assholes.  All I kept thinking was, "Is it wrong to gut-check an eight year old and if so, what would the jail time be?  I need to see if I can be away from my kids that long...." 

Alex was sad, hurt and confused...a meltdown ensued.  We went home but not before we ate our own bread sticks, watched a movie and gave everyone the proverbial middle finger---all out front of the play gym where the party was still going on.  


When we were leaving it started raining.  I got pinged there was a severe thunderstorm warning and right when we got home, this happened: 


 

(If you can't click on that because you're at work or if noise is an issue, I get it.  They issued a Tornado Warning and I was on the front porch tooling around with the kids.)

And then we lost our minds running down to the basement.  We all ran into each other and I would have been laughing, if it weren't for the simple fact we were running for our lives.  

Other than by the grace of God, I still don't know how we made it downstairs.  

Then I had another heart attack when Alex started running back upstairs to protect his i-thing from the tornado.  

You know how weird it is to see your street being called out as being in the direct line of impact?  Trust me when I say you don't want to know that feeling.  Ever.  Well, that's what my husband said.  I was outside taking pictures.  You sooo know I was.    

Then when it was all over, and the tornado fizzled, we went to bed but not before I had this vision of Ryan: 

Why yes, I do believe that would do the trick.  

And that is the true story of my last Sunday.

Thankfully there is nothing on the agenda for this weekend.  I suspect the kids will be bored and over it by dinnertime tonight... 


44 comments:

  1. Kids can be so cruel!!!! I am sorry they made ur son feel that way. Do u need help with the gut checks?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And yes please on those gut-checks!!!

      Delete
  2. But if you had stayed for the party, would you have been stuck with all those people during the tornado warning? I think that would've sucked even worse in hindsight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, we would have been stuck with them. *shudder*

      Delete
  3. ugh... cruel...and here I am pining for the time my son will be asked to a party.

    Hope you have a really nice and relaxed weekend with your Ryan :)and no more storms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Moly! Thank God you are okay. Thank God you survived the little assholes at the party. Yeah. I said it. Assholes. There is a meme or pic somewhere that says something like, "The worst thing a parent can experience is NOT having a special needs child. The worst thing would be having a child who was MEAN to special needs children." I so believe this with all my heart. I hope these kids learn - and quickly - how to be decent human beings and accepting of those who are "different."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At that party was when I came to the realization that all the social skills work we do here is not worth anything unless the other kids can play nice....I left deflated. But the fact they had to cram together for the tornado gave me a giggle.

      Delete
  5. you are so much fun darling even when you are writing about this thing that mkes me sad
    My friend was reading her son's yearbook questions
    In this he had written in response to "what made him feel good this year" he had answered "being invited to a birthday party"
    Thing is he only got invited to one - I cried when she shared this and I am in tears now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard isn't it??? And the thing was, this was the only party he was invited to. You can't tell me all the other boys didn't have parties.....I knew we had to go and even limited our time there. This all happened within the first 15 minutes there......sigh.

      Delete
  6. little fuckers. I will say this. . . I know that someday Lily will face that sort of thing, but little GIRLS right now find her fascinating and want to lead her around and hug her and make her their personal little baby doll. I've never been happier that she's a little girl for that reason.

    I was a little boy once. And I was a little shit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kids can be little shits. I hope that doesn't happen again, but I have no faith in humanity today.

    Margarita?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously kids are such assholes. I would have been with you gut checking all those little jerky 8 year olds. Or I would have spoken to their mothers. Oh yes, I would have gone there. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sad part??? The birthday kid's mom was right there watching and did nothing. She did NOTHING. That's when I hissed at the other kid to let Alex in. I gave her a stare-down and said, "this isn't right" and she walked away. SHE WALKED AWAY.

      Delete
    2. No, believe me, sadder still is being at one of your best friends homes and having her children treat your child that way & her not stepping in to do anything......honestly, I haven't really been able to talk to her since

      Delete
    3. Yeah, that beats it. I'm sorry. You want me to come over and gut-check her? I'd do that, you know.....

      Delete
    4. Much appreciated! No worries though, I let Finn shove her son out of the way of the closet where he had put the ball he took away......not nice I know, but I felt it vindicated him in a way! LOL! And I said nothing!Heehee! Believe me Finn is not normally aggressive, he is a little love bug, I think he was just tired of the two of them teasing & being mean. They kept calling him down the hallway to their room & then slamming the door in his face! I wanted to scream!

      Delete
  9. Kids suck. Especially mean little NT ankle-biters. I'd give 'em a pass-code or two to remember, that's for sure!

    Glad the tornado fizzled... I have lived through that experience and it's not pleasant -- especially when my crazy-ass parents were on the front porch for a better view of things and I was BEGGING them to come to the basement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be a liar if I didn't say I was outside taking pictures......

      Delete
  10. Pass codes my ass! Gut check? Never heard that before but I could do it sista! Call me and I'm with you!! Tootles had a nasty birthday party experience too. After that I vowed - no more. Socializing can be during school hours but even if he thinks he wants it, I'll take him somewhere fun that does not involve this kind of s$&@ social out casting! Or you can just fly out with Alex to our house for Toots birthday in a couple weeks. I can guarantee a good time with no tornados here. Oh yeah, and please feel free to bring Ryan along. ;)
    PS - Happy Mama Day Weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to fly out for T's birthday party. And skip Ryan, I'll settle for some nice drinks and good friends. :)

      Delete
  11. This so sucks. But my question is this: where were all those brats' parents during all this? Seriously? How did they not step in? I would so shove them all in that garbage can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the parents drop off the kids and come back when the party's over. The host mom was there, saw everything and when I said something she walked away from me like I was diseased. I was so pissed. And disgusted. Kids do what they are taught and at that moment I wanted to gut her. We left after 20 minutes.....

      Delete
  12. Ugh...sorry you had such a rough Sunday.

    And I'm with Patty O. Those kids definitely sound like little shits (sorry, hate to judge, but I am) but what about their parents. Do the parents know what little shits they have? And if they do - that makes the parents effin shits.

    I really hate birthday parties. I honestly try to avoid them. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave them the benefit of the doubt till I saw it with my own two eyes....and the other mom saw it and turned away. Then we left.

      Delete
  13. How cruel of them. I'm with Cheryl and Patty -- where were the parents?

    Stories of kids acting like that just twist my heart in a bad way.

    I think it's not too late for a call or email to the parents, letting them know why you left early and what the real translation is for their stupid "pass-code."

    Sending a hug to Alex, code-name "Awesome."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the parents drop off the kids and come back when the party's over. The host mom was there, saw this go down and did nothing. She walked away from me when I said it had to stop, like I had said nothing.

      Funny thing was??? Alex was so upset about it on Monday, I sent a note into his teacher letting her know he was fixated on the other kids excluding him---they are in his class---and when he went out for therapy she told the other students what happened and it was shameful and not ever to happen at school. I didn't expect that. I only wanted her to know his emotional state so she could be prepared. See why I love her?

      Delete
    2. Good for his teacher!!

      That mom makes me so mad -- I am literally seeing red. Shame on her! It is a big deal and parents have the job of teaching their kids, not just throwing them parties. Arrrghhh!!!!!

      Delete
  14. A meso-cyclone? Somebody's been hanging out at NOAA.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea Mike. No idea. He's like me so its one thing I can totally get into, unlike those damn Spice Bandits...

      Delete
  15. If I ever get my booty out there, Alex and I are going to make our own weather club with our own secret pass code.

    Those other kids suck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, if you don't leave bruises, I think you can gut check the kids all you want. Or just find out where they live and burn their houses down.

    A little far?

    I felt gut checked when I read this. I hate kids sometimes! Ughggh. He was so excited, too. Assholes. All of them.

    I wish we had fun things like tornadoes. We have fake terrorists (we weren't here for the real ones) and bickering. Nothing cool at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, if you hold them, I can kick them, right? Right?

      Tornado's are over rated. Just like that birthday party. At least with the tornado we had some gross motor fun running to the lower level.

      Delete
  17. F**k those kids. That way sucks. I'm sorry. Some days you should just spend in the basement, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel your pain. I may or may not have tripped an older child who was running away after being ugly to my kid. Maybe my foot happened to come out on accident, maybe it didn't. The burden of proof is on the prosecution, I tells ya!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh-nothing worse then watching kids be cruel! You wonder where they learn it?! I think parents have totally thrown character education out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It amazes me how you are able to use humor when writing about crummy situations. I couldn't help but laugh at your jail time comment. Is it wrong to wish bad karma rotten kids? Cuz I am...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you told the little fucker that he'd need a pass code to get his damn birthday gift. The gift you accidentally dropped in the toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh! That's horrible! I agree with Flanney. Pass code for gift please!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahaha......I like that one too! I'll have to try that in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a terrible day. Kids can be assholes. I remember those feelings of rejection. And a tornado?! Wow. Good for you. You hung in there and survived - and hissed at kid who really deserved it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ugh, sometimes I hate other kids. They have caused my son to have meltdowns too :(

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a bunch of birthday fuckers. I hope your gift exploded and blew birthday boy's eyelashes and eyebrows clean off. And, that host mom's kids work for Alex some day. And another thing....well, I guess that's it for now. For the love of Pete, please keep your ass out of the cyclones. You're killing me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me all squishy but remember to be nice. If you're not nice then what you said goes *poof.* There's your warning.