Wednesday, May 9, 2012

How cool is that?

You know all those inspirational quotes and pictures going around Facebook?  Well, I have a hard time relating to some of them.  I'm not a really rainbow and glitter kind of girl.  I'm more of a straight shooter and undercover sailor.  

I made a few pictures that reflect me and how I feel and put them on Facebook.  I didn't think much of it.  I ran out to get the kids from school, took them to the park and Tae Kwon Do.  Did the usual things.  

I never bothered to check on things because for the most part, I'm oblivious.  And busy.  And tired.  

That and I broke my i-phone so I was not connected, at all.  I was off the grid.  

When I came home, I couldn't believe it.  

The sayings I put up on Facebook have been shared over and over.  




Honestly, I'm a little surprised and humbled.  It's just how I feel about my son.  About my kids.  I really feel I've struck the jackpot with them.  Sure, there are days when I'm PMS'ing and if a child asks, "What time is it?" one more time, I very well may drive chicken skewers through my ears but for the most part, I'd not change things for the world.


And the fact I'm not alone in feeling this way gives me goose-bumps.

I don't know how to say thank you for sharing.  I guess maybe this is it.  Thank you.

I've come a long way since my son's diagnosis.  He has come even further.  I've learned to love him for who he is and he's teaching me more about life and love than I could have ever dreamed of.

And really, how cool is that?


And I know this horse is dead but I'm going to beat it anyway...this all started with Facebook....if you want to, go up and click on that "Like" button, up there on the right, so we can complete the circle and stay in touch.  I'd like that.  

34 comments:

  1. I saw one of these yesterday and loved it. I think it's awesome that you put it them out into the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharing this all over FB today! You done good, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the first one. And I REALLY love the third one....gonna borrow that! :)

    These are terrific...thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your famous! Can becoming wealthy be far behind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahhhhh!!!! I don't have any adds...I should but I don't.

      Delete
  5. I saw them too! I didn't know they had originated here! That is awesome! When I can get on my copy, I'm going to pin them to pinterest, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just put them out on FB and walked away. Who knew?!?!?

      Just go to FSS on Facebook and share them to yourself. I think FB will let you do that.

      And I have them on Pinterest too!!!

      Delete
  6. See there are more people like you than you thought huh?
    I can't like you on facebook because I don't do facebook but I'll tell ya - I like ya Lizbeth. You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peg---you should do FB. That sounds weird and wrong but I'm going to stick by it. And thanks. I heart you too.

      Delete
  7. I'm so choked up, I don't even have words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very inspirational Lizbeth. It's true: our little people have come a long way, and they do inspire such fierce love and feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would get this. For as rough as it can be don't ever mess with an Autism mom....

      Delete
  9. I saw this yesterday - liked it and shared it! And then I saw as it BLEW UP! I was cheering you on in my head :D

    Good stuff my friend. GOOD STUFF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I kept scratching my head. I mean is it viral? I don't know. I just keep plugging away over here.

      Delete
  10. I got 3 in 88. So I'm even luckier;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm stealing your bottom one for my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all, just so long as it's linked back to Four Sea Stars. I hate even saying that but now that's out of the way have fun with it!

      Delete
  12. Yup, yup, yuppity-yup. That's how I feel too. So lucky. The biggest thrill for me is getting to know the person who is my son.

    I personally did not get into the "mourn the death of a dream" thing.

    Happy Wednesday and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic! Well done you:-) Such simple yet evocative quotes....says it all. I'm going to share too!

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
  14. The vision I have right now of you with chicken skewers in your ears is kind of funny. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! Don't forget us little people, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really need to get on and stay on FB more often! I missed this. :( Glad you posted it here! It's so well said. It's nice to know your work is loved by others! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done for making these, I must see if I can think of something similar for my special girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw them too and LOVE them! I have been having problems with FB lately, so I haven't posted much, but I want to share these!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw them and pinned one or two on Pinterest. I am impressed! I don't know how to make anything like that.

    I've been sick and have gotten so behind on my blog reading. I'll have you know that yours is the first one I MUST catch up on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your Facebook posts, and thank you for sharing your love of your children with us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love those, they are so cool x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me all squishy but remember to be nice. If you're not nice then what you said goes *poof.* There's your warning.