Things that may, or may not, have happened:
- We had a flat tire smack in the middle of Iowa. I take that back, I really don't know where we were. All I know is, we had to drive back to get to a Toyota dealership to replace our Dunlop no-flat tire. The irony didn't get past me on that one.
|"MOM! They have rules at the rest area!"|
- We may have trashed the waiting room of a certain Toyota Dealership. I tried to clean up as best as I could but they had a popcorn machine. It was a no-win situation.
- The kids may have felt-up all the taxidermy bears, deer, turkey and ducks at my friends house. Her husband may have started a new nervous twitch when he saw Lizzy stroking a fur backwards and named a duck Sparkle.
- I may have had a drink too many after we lost the baby at the rehearsal party and it may have happened about the same time Alex was puking off the side of the pool and it may have happened the exact same time Lizzy got her toe stuck in the base of a table.
- I may, or may not, have said, "Lizzy stay here while I go find your sister. Wait, you can't move, your toe's stuck. Well, small blessings."
- Lizzy may or may not have screamed so loud you could hear her in Canada.
- When we found the baby she was out in front, with the smokers, trying to borrow a lighter. Alex may, or may not have, proceeded to question them about their choice to smoke and he may, or may not have, pulled up an image of a "smokers lung" from his i -Touch...
- Lizzy may have sat through part of the wedding sobbing because her, "vagina hurt." Turns out it was not her vagina, it was her underpants crimping her style.
|These make me giggle every time we pass one |
and if you don't get it, I'm not telling
- Alex may have read off every single exit on the map and we may have stopped at every rest area so he could get a new map and not miss a thing. I may have stopped listening somewhere outside of Kansas City.
- We may have had approximately fourteen fast food meals in a little under four days. The teenagers at Long John Silver's may have wanted to kill our kids for ringing their bell over 3,000 times.
- And we may, or may not, have had Juano's Mexican food over three times while in Fargo because it's Alex's favorite. I may, or may not have, spent more time than I would care to admit on the toilet.
- We may, or may not, have had a great time seeing old friends and thinking about old times.
While it's good to be home, I miss my old friends.