Tuesday, February 15, 2011

V-day, the aftermath...

Dear Cupid,
My kids have been all cracked out waiting for your special day and like a three day old balloon their expectations are going to pop.  While you go back to where ever it is you go, I'm going to be the one standing here with a broom and dustpan having to clean up your sorry mess. 

Valentine's Day, morning expectations:
  • Alex has been working up to you because they have parties in the classroom.  Gasp.  And I'm freaking out.  He loves the idea of a party, he just malfunctions at the actual event. 
  • Lizzy has her party this morning so I get to go and be 'normal mom' before I become the 'crazy, overprotective, oh my god my kid going to blow any second now lets see if we can sneak out the side door mom.'


Valentine's Day, what actually happened:
  • I missed the first 2/3rd's Lizzy's party because I had the time wrong in my calendar.  Crap.  Did I say crap?  Crap.  We go to Wendy's to make up for my being a total dip-shit.  
  • We play Farm Frenzy all afternoon to make up for my my being a total dip-shit.
  • We make it (on time) to Alex's party.  Lizzy notices this fact and I can see she thinks I love him more than her.  Crap.
  •  Baby Gracie's nap is smack in the middle of Alex's party.  I bring her, she wakes up.  She screams.  And screams some more.
  • I have no pictures because I forgot the camera for Lizzy's party and if I bring it to Alex's party it would confirm Lizzy's worst fear--I love Alex more than her.  I don't but you try to explain it to my five year old.  Crap.
  • Alex freaks out because kids were going up to the snack table and that's "not what they're supposed to do..." 
  • He freaked again about snack because "it's not happening at the time it should be on the class schedule."
  • We left early.  Out the side door.
  • We've now listened to "Hello" by Martin Solvig like a million times since we got home and I liked that song.  Once.  A long time ago.  While jogging.  Without kids.  Alone.
  • We ate leftovers for dinner.  The kids fought.  I still can't get that song out of my head.
  • Red Robe came back. 
  • Holiday complete.


My Valentine from Alex.

On the inside--Dear Dad.  Dad?!?  He erased over mom and wrote dad.  That's rich.


See ya next year Cupid.  You horrible naked baby with wings.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I can tell I'm going to love reading your blog.

    P.S. I say "crap" all the time...along with a few other choice words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DeeAnn--I can see we're going to get along great!!! L

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me all squishy but remember to be nice. If you're not nice then what you said goes *poof.* There's your warning.